Destiny Discover
Alternative Education

Jeanne Scott Parent & Child Resource Centre - Regina’s Place

The Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board, in partnership with the Good Shepherd Centers Hamilton, operates the Jeanne Scott Parent & Child Resource Centre, an adult credit school for young parents aged 18-25 who are working towards completing their OSSD.

On-site child minding is available for their children while in school. JSC is located next door to Regina’s Place residence.

The Jeanne Scott Parent and Child Resource Centre is located at
1475 Barton Street E
Hamilton, ON L8N 1E2
Phone: 905.549.4276

PASS/SOAR - (SOAR - Student Opportunity to Achieve Re-entry)

The PASS and SOAR program is offered at St. Charles Mountain, 150 East 5th, for students who have been suspended for 6-20 days or who have been expelled from their school. PASS/SOAR is an academic and non-academic program to assist students in making the transition back to school by developing an individualized re-entry plan. The program enables students to continue their education while also taking part in a non-academic program that focuses on social and emotional behaviours. A classroom teacher, social worker and educational assistant are available on site to assist students in being successful.

For more information, please call (905) 577-0555, Ext. 2525

St. Martin’s Manor

Outreach Program

St. Martin’s Manor is a residence for pregnant and parenting young women, with a primary focus of providing a continuum of care for young mothers. Students work with St. Charles teachers in order to obtain their Ontario Secondary School Diploma in all courses.

Notre Dame House

Outreach Program

Notre Dame House is a 24-hour emergency shelter and multi-agency resource centre for homeless and street-involved youth, 16 to 21 years of age. Students work with St Charles teachers with the goal of obtaining their Ontario Secondary School Diploma in all courses.

Wilma's Place

770 Main Street East, Hamilton, ON L8M 1L1
(905) 525-6640

More Information and Contact

For more information on the above topics, please contact Student Services at your child’s secondary school.